Monday, January 12, 2009

Chicken Enchiladas

These were last nights dinner. They turned out pretty yummy if I do say so myself .

3 to 4 chicken breast boiled and shredded ( I put some diced onion and red pepper flakes in the water to season it some)
2 Cans of cream of chicken soup or you could do one cream of much and one cream of chic.
1 and 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 a soup can of milk
1 can of green chilies ( optional, I dont use them)
salt and pepper to taste
8 to 10 flour tortilias
Shredded cheese

While the chicken is cooling to shred, mix together the cans of soup, milk, sour cream, and chilies. Pour up to half of the mixture in with the chicken. Lightly oil the bottom and sides of a 13x9 baking pan, then pour a light coating of the reserved sauce in the bottom of the pan. Fill each tortillia with some of the chicken mixture and wrap them up. Arrange in the pan. Pour remaining sauce mixture over the chicken stuffed tortillias. I felt like this was missing something and I am going to have to play around with it a little more. I think me leaving out the chilies took away from it. I need to find some veggie that would be yummy in it, maybe mushrooms or black olives? hmmmm...something to think about. Anyway these were still very yummy. just felt like something was missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment