Sunday, January 4, 2009

Yummy Chicken Marinade

Wow guys I have been So bad at this I am really going to try harder! I think I got a little in over my head and didnt keep up with posting every night what the recipe was. I really am going to do better this time!!! So anyway tonight we had marinated chicken that I cut into strips and we had it over jasmine rice. YUM YUM! Here is the marinate recipe....

1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup brown sugar
Fresh ginger root sliced ( I only used about a teaspoons worth a little goes a long way)
2 cloves garlic
2 TBS oil

Mix all ingredience together (I did it in a gallon ziplock bag and added the chicken strips right into it. Add your meat, beef would also be yum! Refrigerate over night ( I only did like 4 hours and it turned out fine!) Then I put a little oil in the wok and fried up the strips of meat and put served it over rice. Our family likes a little spice so I also added in a little red pepper flakes towards the end..about 1/4 tsp.

Next time I am going to split the marinate in half or maybe just double it and add in fresh veggies (broccoli, carrots, red bell pepper and onion) let it marinate too! then I will cook it seperately so I have sauce to go over the rice. the marinate is that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment