Monday, January 12, 2009

Taco Soup

I know 2 Mexican nights in a row. but I for got to grab chili seasoning while at the store so my plans for chili and corn bread are put off for the day. Anyway, today is the kids first day back at school and I know it is going to be hard on them since they are WAY off their normal routine and JD didn't fall asleep till 1 am this morning so it will be an early night for us to say the least! So I am using my crock pot tonight for taco soup. Should be ready shortly after daddy gets home for work so we can shoot for a 7- 7:30 bed time! YAY!!!! Anywho, enough talking and on to the recipe.

1 lb of hamburger cooked and drained ( I take this one step further and give it a quick rinse)
1 15 oz can of Tomato Sauce
1 15 or so oz can of Diced Tomatoes
1 or 2 packages of Taco Seasoning (depending on your taste)
1 and 1/2 Tomato cans of water
1 can of Corn
1 can of *Great Northern Beans
1 can of *Pinto beans

Mix all ingredients in the crock pot and walk away while the flavors blend. Top each serving with any combo of the following things, cheese, sour cream, diced avocado. Use taco chips as your spoon.

*these are what I happened to have you can use any assortment of beans you choose, black beans, chick peas, whatever your family likes.


Or just look at the post above mine and see Tiffany's Recipe there are some differences so I will leave both. LOL. Great minds think a like.

No comments:

Post a Comment